AACC has partnered with Abbott and other leading healthcare organizations on the UNIVANTS of Healthcare Excellence award program. This annual award will recognize interdisciplinary care teams around the world who have achieved measurable, innovative impact within the healthcare system. The program’s greater mission is to inspire continued solutions within healthcare that will positively affect patients, clinicians, payors, and health systems globally.
In addition to Abbott, partners include the International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC), European Healthcare Management Association (EHMA), Modern Healthcare, Healthcare Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS), National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ), and the Institute for Health Economics (IHE).
Teams Recognized in 2019
- Intelligent Liver Function Testing (iLIFT): A Cost-Effective Way to Increase Early Diagnosis of Liver Disease, University of Dundee
- Improving the Safety of Mothers and Babies Using Angiogenic Biomarkers for Pre-Eclampsia, Oxford University NHS Foundation Trust
- Improved Diagnostic Pathway and Treatment for Hospitalized Patients with Acute Kidney Injury, Ernst von Bergmann Hospital & Kidney Care Center Diaverum MVZ Potsdam affiliated with Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg
- Improving Clinical and Quality Outcomes for Prenatal Care – A Clinical Laboratory Driven Initiative, TriCore Reference Laboratories
- The Global Impact of Troponin and Biomarker on Ischemic Myocardial Injury and Surgical Care, Hamilton Health Sciences/Population Health Research Institute
- Identifying Untreated Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C via Opt-out Screening Program in Urban ED Setting, Guy’s and St. Thomas’ NHS Trust
- Improving Quality, Patient Care and Experience, While Lowering Costs Through Enhanced Laboratory Stewardship, Cleveland Clinic
- Avoiding Insufficient Therapies and Overdosing with Co-Reporting eGFRs for Personalized Drug Therapy and Improved Outcomes, Marienhospital
- Optimization of Heart Failure Management Using Biomarkers in Patients with Low Risk for Rehospitalization, University Medical Center Groningen
- FH ALERT: Identification of Patients with Familial Hypercholesterolemia (FH) by Using the Expertise and Resources of the Clinical Laboratory, SYNLAB Holding Deutschland GmbH
- Maximizing Patient Care in a Cost Conscious Environment, Palestinian Medical Technology Association
- Increased Population Engagement, Enhanced Patient Experience and Safe Blood Donations Through Strategic Partnerships and Targeted Media Campaigns, Dubai Health Authority
Learn more about the teams being recognized this year in the CLN July-August issue special supplement.