AACC provides a small start-up grant targeted to young investigators who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available.
This Year's Winner
The 2020 General Research Grant was awarded to Gaurav K. Gupta, MD, PhD, Clinical Fellow, Yale New Haven Hospital, for his project entitled "Assessment of Factor V Activity in Apheresis Platelet Units.”
How to Apply
Complete the Application for Research Grant. Applications are due by December 31 for projects starting after April 1 of the following year.
Applications will be evaluated using the following scientific criteria:
- Scientific significance;
- Soundness of research plan;
- Degree of achievability;
- Potential for the project to lead to further exploration beyond grant period; and
- Transferability of research findings to actual practice.
Administrative criteria used will include:
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant;
- Degree to which AACC funding is critical to the start of the project;
- Adequacy of the facility proposed; and
- Satisfactory budget.
Preference for research grants will be given to young investigators.
Submit one electronic copy of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? If you have questions about the General Research Grant, please email email@example.com or call (800) 892-1400 x 8713 or (202) 835-8713.
2019 - General Research Grant not awarded
2018 - Khushbu Patel, PhD: The 2018 General Research Grant was awarded to Khushbu Patel, PhD, Assistant Professor, Pathology, UT Southwestern Medical Center, for her project entitled "Validation of microRNA 323-3p as a Predictor of Ectopic Pregnancy."