Interested in becoming a mentor or mentee?
SYCL Mentoring Connections is a program designed to help guide young professionals through early career development and prepare them to become future leaders. The result is a life-long connection that adds value to both sides of the mentoring relationship.
Currently accepting applications for both Mentees and Mentors for January 2023.
Key Benefits of Mentee Participation
- Higher performance and productivity
- Reinforcement of valuable skill sets and continuous learning
- Supportive feedback and help with problem solving and decision making
- Expanded peer networks
- Greater career satisfaction
Seeking a mentor? Fill out a mentee profile form.
Key Benefits of Mentor Participation
- Sense of pride in seeing a mentee learn and grow
- Opportunity to positively influence others and “give back”
- Ability to impact and nurture career advancement
- Enhance leadership skills and build a professional legacy
Interested in becoming a mentor? Fill out a mentor profile form.
How it Works - Pairing and Length of Program
The SYCL Core Committee will create mentor-mentee pairs based on the information collected from the profile submissions. Knowledge, skill and experience levels will be aligned along with the goals of each participant in order to establish a mutually beneficial mentoring relationship. The SYCL Core Committee will support the mentor-mentee pair for 12 months, and to assure the relationship is fulfilling the needs of both participants. Additional resources about successful mentoring relationships will be provided and the committee will actively gather feedback from participants to continually improve the program.
The hope is for the mentoring connection to become a lifelong learning relationship. After the completion of the first year, participants may continue to meet at their own discretion.
Requirements and Expectations
- Mentors and mentees must be current AACC members.
- Mentors must have been in a post-training position for at least 2 years
- Mentees must be current members of SYCL (Mentors do not have to be members of SYCL)
- Participants must attend a one-hour orientation at the beginning of the program
- Participants must commit to at least one interaction per month (More interactions are encouraged!)
- Participants should respond to requests in a timely manner