Deadline: Information will be available in April for the 2022 SYCL Travel Grants.
AACC helps SYCL members in the U.S. and Canada* participate in the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo by awarding SYCL Travel Grants. These need-based grants give preference to applicants who submit oral or written posters for presentation. SYCL Travel Grant winners receive a cash award of $2,000.
*SYCL members in Canada are eligible for the SYCL Travel Grant during years when the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting is held in conjunction with the Canadian Society for Clinical Chemists.
- Must use the funds for domestic travel or travel to the U.S. from Canada only.
- Meets the criteria for SYCL membership (under the age of 40 or a student member of AACC).
- Demonstrates financial need to attend the annual scientific meeting.
- States the impact of the meeting on the applicant's career in laboratory medicine.
- List all contributions (abstracts and/or accepted proposals) of the applicant to the annual scientific meeting.
Note: Previous SYCL Domestic Travel Grant winners are not eligible to apply again.
Email your application to: [email protected] with the following items (note the weight of each item):
- A letter from the applicant including both a statement of financial need to attend the meeting (weighted 50%).
- A description of how the meeting will benefit their career (weighted 30%).
- A letter of support from a colleague or mentor describing the applicant's promise or potential impact in the field (weighted 20%).
- If applicable, include a copy of a submitted abstract and/or accepted proposal; preference will be given to those presenting at the meeting. Please submit only one abstract and/or accepted proposal for evaluation.
- A current Curriculum Vitae.
- Contact information: full address, email, phone.
If you have questions about the SYCL Domestic Travel Grant, please email [email protected] or call 800.892.1400 x8701 and 202.835.8701.
2021 SYCL Travel Grant Winners
Mustafa A. Barbhuiya, PhD
Clinical Chemistry & POCT, University of Massachusetts Medical School- Baystate Health
<Ka Keung Chan (Jackie)
Clinical/Bioanalytical Chemistry, Cleveland State University
Steven E. Conklin López, PhD
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Aaron Geno, PhD
Clinical Chemistry, Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center
Jose C. Jara Aguirre, MD
Clinical Pathology, Mayo Clinic
Joanna Jung, PhD
Clinical Chemistry, Baylor College of Medicine
Grace M. Kroner, PhD
Clinical Chemistry, University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT
Kwabena (Koby) A. N. Sarpong, PhD
Clinical Chemistry, University of Virginia
Derek C. Waggoner, PhD
Clinical Chemistry, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC