International Membership Grants
Two-year AACC professional memberships are available to early- and mid-career clinical laboratorians from underserved areas worldwide. Each membership includes a subscription to AACC’s flagship journal Clinical Chemistry, online access to The Journal of Applied Laboratory Medicine, registration discounts for the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo, full access to the Artery online community, discounts on AACC webinars, and much more.
Am I Eligible?
Requirements include proof of current employment in the field of laboratory medicine and a desire to keep up with the latest advances in the field. In selecting grant recipients, preference is given to those who are in the early part of their career and have responsibilities that would allow them to share their member benefits. Applicants who are current AACC members or have been AACC members in the past two years will be considered ineligible.
Additionally, please note that if you are awarded a membership grant, you will be required to submit feedback annually on how your membership has benefited you and others in your healthcare community.
How Do I Apply?
We are not accepting applications at this time. Applications will reopen in the fall of 2021.
Application requirements are below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A statement indicating why you want to be a member of AACC and how membership will help you in your work as a clinical laboratorian.
- A copy of your resume (curriculum vitae).
- Your contact information, including name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
- A statement as to whether you have ever been a member of AACC and when.
- A list of your professional memberships and activities with local, national, and regional laboratory associations.
- Information on the availability of resources for you to be a member of AACC.
- One letter of support from laboratory medicine professionals, healthcare administrators or leaders of local laboratory associations.
- Other information that may be helpful in evaluating your application, including teaching responsibilities or other outreach information.
Grant recipients will be notified in April regarding their status.
Please send an email to [email protected].