Visit LabLeaders.com for more information about programs designed to provide laboratory professionals with clinical and strategic insights, support, and solutions from the top innovators in the laboratory industry.
Managing Tough Conversations: Positive, Proactive Solutions
Have you ever been faced with a challenging conversation in the workplace? Join AACC and LabLeaders for this pre-recorded webinar to learn a simple 3-step process for dealing with the most difficult, and often most important, conversations.
This effective strategy will help you guide conversations toward making decisions and taking actions that foster positive change. The speaker, Karen Hough, will explore specific actions that will elevate your ability to influence outcomes and impact positive experiences for yourself, your teams, and your leaders.
Karen Hough is the Founder & CEO of ImprovEdge, a firm that helps companies transform behavior through interactive training. She is a certified speaking professional and has presented to audiences of thousands in the U.S. and internationally. Karen is an Amazon bestselling author and a recipient of two prestigious awards that recognize innovative companies and outstanding woman-owned businesses.
This pre-recorded video webinar will be available to view on Wednesday, March 7, 2018 @1:00PM ET. At that time, you will receive an email with the direct link for viewing. You must register for the webinar to receive access to view the recording.
You will learn:
- Three steps that bring both people in the conversation to a plan of action
- How to build confidence in dealing with difficult people and situations
- Simple tools to record and track progress, decisions, and comments
- How to prepare and use the 3 steps to manage tough conversations
Founder and CEO, ImprovEdge
- Registration covers one phone line and one computer connection for the webinar.
- On the day of the webinar, AACC will e-mail a URL from which you can access the webinar.
CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDIT
AACC designates this activity for a maximum of 1.0 ACCENT® credit hours towards the AACC Clinical Chemist’s Recognition Award. AACC is an approved provider of continuing education (CE) for clinical laboratory scientists licensed in states that require documentation of CE, including California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, Tennessee, and West Virginia. ACCENT® credit is also recognized by several organizations: AAB, ABCC, ACS, AMT, ASCLS, ASCP, ASM, CAP, IFCC, and NRCC.
AACC uses WebEx to conduct its webinars. To attend the webinar, you will need:
- A separate telephone line for the audio or a sound card and speakers
- A 56Kbps Internet connection or better
- Windows Users - Internet Explorer 6/7, Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7+, Netscape 8.1 or higher.
- Mac Users - Firefox 2, Safari 3.0 (Mac OS 10.4,10.5), Safari 2.0 (Mac OS 10.4) Safari 1.3 (Mac OS 10.3).
- Linux Users - Firefox 2, Mozilla 1.7 or higher.
NOTE: The WebEx plug-in will not install if your browser has high security settings or you do not have administrative rights on your PC
To test your system, please try joining a test meeting prior to your webinar at: https://www.webex.com/lp/jointest. Once on the site, enter your name and email address and click "join."
Information for attendees outside of the United States
If you are outside of the U.S., we recommend that you listen to the webinar via your computer speakers. If for some reason the webinar is not being broadcast over your computer speakers, and you do have high-speed internet and a Skype* subscription on your computer, you can use Skype for the phone portion of the webinar as a way to avoid charges from your phone company. Just call in to the US number using Skype.
*If you do intend to use Skype, you also still need to access the computer portion of the webinar as described above. If you want to use Skype but do not have a subscription or would like more information, visit www.skype.com.